Sunday, June 22, 2014

June 20 --- Chemo oh no

June 20   Chemo Oh No

Chris and I met with Dr. Vargas.  Essentially he told us that because of the Positive Her2 results, I will have the surgery, Chemo, and radiation.  The Chemo will be 1 every 3 weeks for 6 treatments; the radiation 5 days a week (M-F)  for 3 weeks.

I am to meet with my oncologist as soon as possible so that the treatments can be set up shortly after the surgery on the 26th.

The only positive thing I can take from today is that I probably will lose my hair.  This is a good thing as I've always wanted to share Catherine and her experience with alopecia.  Now we both will be bald for a time.  We've joked about how fun it will be and we can draw on each other's heads, maybe we'll get as fancy as this woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment